Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Non Sequitur

We interrupt our travelogue for an update on our future...

I am off to the Department of Anthropology at the University of Toronto for the next two years. Yeah! I was thrilled to receive a SSHRC (your Canadian tax dollars at work) postdoctoral fellowship, which will allow me to hang around Toronto pulling together my research from Jordan, my dissertation, and my ongoing work in Greece.
My SSHRC project has the lofty title of Archaeology, Ethnography, and Law – Interdisciplinary Intersections in the Antiquities Trade, which sounds much grander than its reality. I hope to examine the legal remedies employed by countries in the eastern Mediterranean to protect against archaeological site destruction as a result of the market demand for archaeological artifacts. This project is ideal for a number of reasons, but the best two are: 1. I get to continue excavating in Greece and 2. I get to hang out with these little people.

The downside - the whereabouts of Yo? Keep checking the blog for an update on Yo's future adventures.

1 comment:

Michael Homan said...

Congrats on Toronto. I wish the Tulane thing would have worked out for Y.